ARRL Members Only Website
"Hello from your new Pacific Section Manager!"
Views are those of the reporters and correspondents. Accessed on 13 August 2026, 0443 UTC.
Content and Source provided by The ARRL. Copyright ARRL.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgzQhVrDrZSWWdsFkjwplXWjXlmhS
Please check email link or scroll down to read your selections. You can find earlier posts and comments in the "Archive" section of this blog. Thanks for joining us today.
Russ Roberts (KH6JRM/AL0HA).
https://arrlnewshawaii.blogspot.com.
https://simplehamradioantennas.blogspot.com.
| 11:34 AM (5 hours ago) | |||
| ||||
Hi all!
I apologize for the delay in sending out my first Section Manager email
- it's taken me some time to figure things out as well as to figure out
what to say.
A bit of a background for those who don't know who I am: I am an
astronomer, and I split my time between Oahu and Big Island. I’m a
relatively new ham, but have had a lot of fun so far! I started with VHF
and emcomm, and am now into DX and CW and doing ham radio outside. I
enjoy contesting and anything that combines radio with a hike. My hope,
as Section Manager, that I can help grow the hobby and get more hams
(especially younger hams) into the hobby. My other hope is that I will
be a bit better about periodically sending you useful information of
what's going on in the Pacific Section!
There will be two major HF events in August:
1) The annual Hawaii QSO Party will be held from 6am Saturday Aug 22 to
6pm Sunday Aug 23. Note that this event no longer includes Friday
evening. Complete information here: https://www.hawaiiqsoparty. org/
Note: you can also operate HQP as W1AW if you sign up first. see below.
Details by emailing info@hawaiiqsoparty.org
2) W1AW/KH6 will be active for a full week starting at 2pm HST Tuesday,
Aug 18 through 2pm HST Tuesday Aug 25. You can operate as W1AW/KH6 on
any band on CW, SSB, or Digital. However, you must first sign up. There
can only be one signal at a time on any band-mode. You can view the
schedule here:
https://docs.google.com/ spreadsheets/d/ 1Hc7zm2eKTNJLlAkzvk3NwfeuvWf_ UiaXUjKcDRYzjlU/edit?usp= sharing
First come, first served for W1AW/KH6 reservations. Contact any of
these
Alan AD6E / KH6TU ad6e@arrl.net
Kimo KH7U kimochun@Gmail.com
Bill W2DK w2dk@hotmail.com
Lloyd KH6LC kh6lc@hotmail.com
Heather AH7RF ah7rf@arrl.org
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.
Aloha and 73
Heather AH7RF / Pacific Section Manager
808-234-9303
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
ARRL Pacific Section
Section Manager: Heather A Flewelling, AH7RF
ah7rf@arrl.org
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
Unsubscribe
I apologize for the delay in sending out my first Section Manager email
- it's taken me some time to figure things out as well as to figure out
what to say.
A bit of a background for those who don't know who I am: I am an
astronomer, and I split my time between Oahu and Big Island. I’m a
relatively new ham, but have had a lot of fun so far! I started with VHF
and emcomm, and am now into DX and CW and doing ham radio outside. I
enjoy contesting and anything that combines radio with a hike. My hope,
as Section Manager, that I can help grow the hobby and get more hams
(especially younger hams) into the hobby. My other hope is that I will
be a bit better about periodically sending you useful information of
what's going on in the Pacific Section!
There will be two major HF events in August:
1) The annual Hawaii QSO Party will be held from 6am Saturday Aug 22 to
6pm Sunday Aug 23. Note that this event no longer includes Friday
evening. Complete information here: https://www.hawaiiqsoparty.
Note: you can also operate HQP as W1AW if you sign up first. see below.
Details by emailing info@hawaiiqsoparty.org
2) W1AW/KH6 will be active for a full week starting at 2pm HST Tuesday,
Aug 18 through 2pm HST Tuesday Aug 25. You can operate as W1AW/KH6 on
any band on CW, SSB, or Digital. However, you must first sign up. There
can only be one signal at a time on any band-mode. You can view the
schedule here:
https://docs.google.com/
First come, first served for W1AW/KH6 reservations. Contact any of
these
Alan AD6E / KH6TU ad6e@arrl.net
Kimo KH7U kimochun@Gmail.com
Bill W2DK w2dk@hotmail.com
Lloyd KH6LC kh6lc@hotmail.com
Heather AH7RF ah7rf@arrl.org
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.
Aloha and 73
Heather AH7RF / Pacific Section Manager
808-234-9303
------------------------------
ARRL Pacific Section
Section Manager: Heather A Flewelling, AH7RF
ah7rf@arrl.org
------------------------------
About this Email: You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to receive ARRL Division and Section News. To manage your ARRL e-newsletters and notifications, please visit www.arrl.org/opt-in-out. You must be logged in to the ARRL website to edit your email subscriptions.
Copyright © 2026 American Radio Relay League, Incorporated. Use and distribution of this publication, or any portion thereof, is permitted for non-commercial or educational purposes, with attribution. All other purposes require written permission.
ARRL The National Association for Amateur Radio®Unsubscribe

Comments
Post a Comment